"The French Way or Camino Frances starts in the South of France, St Jean Pied the Port, and stretches across the North of Spain, finishing in Santiago de Compostela.
- Most famous route for the Camino de Santiago, so it can be quite crowded during the summer season.
- Featured in many documentaries, books, and the movie ´The Way´.
- You will get the most pilgrimage experience, and find many pilgrims to share stories along the way.
- Beautiful green and floral scenery through unique towns in France and Spain.
- It has many facilities and services for pilgrims, with plenty of restaurants and pilgrim hostels (albergues).
- Main cities & towns:France: St Jean Pied de Port.Spain: Pamplona, Logroño, Burgos, León, Astorga, O Cebreiro, Santiago de Compostela." -pilgrim.es